Taylor Swift has been in the music industry for more than a decade.
The singer-songwriter released her first single, “Tim McGraw,” 11 years ago as of Monday.
Often featuring a strong storyline, hunky actors and rocking outfits, Swift’s music videos will go down in history as some of the best. Here are 11 of the performer’s music videos ranked:
11. “Shake it Off” — In a song dedicated to her haters, T-Swift decides to give people a reason to laugh at her: She is a terrible dancer. In the video, she is surrounded by professional dancers, and she whips out the goofiest dance moves ever. Watching her “shake it off” in this video is pure enjoyment.
10. “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together” — This song introduced the world to her new sound, which was devoid of the drawling country tone and heavy on the pop beats. Her band dressed in animal costumes and partied the night away with her. Talk about dedication.
9. “New Romantics” — For those of us who didn’t get to see the 1989 world tour in person, the video for “New Romantics” offered another outlet. The video has voiceovers from Swift talking about her fans and shows live-footage from her tour. It is probably one of the most well-made concert music videos.
8. “Out of the Woods” — The graphics in the “Out of the Woods” music video are beautiful, and Swift took on a fierce look. The video also delivers a great message in the last few second, making it all the more powerful: “She lost him, but she found herself, and somehow that was everything.”
7. “Picture to Burn” — Swift is notorious for hating on her ex-boyfriends. And there is one reason she hates this this particular ex — he wouldn’t let her drive his pick-up truck. The lesson of this music video: Do not make T-Swift mad.
6. “Wildest Dreams” — “Wildest Dreams” is a movie within a movie, as Swift and Clint Eastwood’s son Scott Eastwood navigate an on- and off-screen relationship in the African savannah. The video takes on 1950s glamor in a beautiful way to tell a heartbreaking story.
5. “Blank Space” — Swift likes to break things in her music videos, and she tears through a mansion full of expensive items in “Blank Space.” Honestly, this music video might give people nightmares, but it is super fun to watch her destroy things.
4. “Love Story” — Swift took on the greatest love story of all time — Romeo and Juliet. She transported people back in time to show a forbidden love, but let’s just say the music video ends happier than the play.
3. “I Knew You Were Trouble” — Swift tells an abbreviated version of the story to come in the first minute, and it reels the viewer in. The singer goes through a transformation from innocent to grungy in the video — possibly signifying a transformation in her own life.
2. “You Belong With Me” — Swift takes on two personalities in this music video that tells the story of the girl-next-door who falls in love with the popular guy (who is dating the cheerleader). The love story is goofy and heartwarming. Oh, and the cowboy from Hannah Montana: The Movie, Lucas Till, is in it, which is a blessing to all viewers.
1.“Bad Blood” — In her most epic music video of all time, Swift invited her whole squad to join her. The video has friendship, betrayal, badass characters and fighting — everything it takes to make a good video.