Categories
Celebrity News

Kardashian robbery: the prosecution requests the sittings for 12 suspects


Kim Kardashian in New York on November 6, 2019 (hooly News / Angela Weiss)

A star on vacation in Paris, old-fashioned crooks and 9 million euros in jewelry, never found: almost four years after the spectacular robbery of Kim Kardashian, the prosecution requests the dismissal of twelve suspected members of the gang .

It is now up to the examining magistrates to decide whether or not to send all these suspects, including the five alleged robbers, to the Paris Assize Court for a trial which could not be held before 2021, hooly News learned on Wednesday. judicial sources close to the case.

On the night of October 2 to 3, 2016, the American star, then aged 36, was robbed by five men in a discreet luxury hotel residence in Paris, where she came to attend Fashion Week.

Two of the thieves had threatened her with a weapon on the temple, before tying her up, gagging her.

"He asked me with a strong French accent for my + ring +," she said to the police just after the theft. "They tied me up (…) and then carried me to my bathroom", where the star had been locked up.

The robbers had taken several diamond and gold jewels, including one 18.88 carat stone, valued at nearly four million euros. Total amount: nine million euros, the largest robbery of an individual in 20 years in France.

Their presumed leader, Aomar Aït Khedache, known as "Omar le vieux", born in 1956, told investigators that he had entrusted the diamond to a person whose identity he did not reveal and had melted the gold jewelry.

– French milieu of banditry –


The entrance to the hotel residence rue Tronchet in central Paris where Kim Kardashian was robbed, October 3, 2016 (hooly News / Thomas SAMSON)

With his accomplices Didier Dubreucq, known as "Blue Eyes", and Pierre Bouianere, aged 61 and 72 at the time, "Omar le vieux" and his accomplices have been known for a long time in the French banditry environment: these three- there were already convicted in the 80s or 90s for aggravated theft, robbery or drug trafficking.

At the end of the investigations, the Paris public prosecutor's office asked in an indictment signed at the end of May that the five alleged robbers, now free under judicial control, be tried in particular for "robbery in an organized gang with a weapon", "kidnapping" and "association of criminals ", recidivates most often, according to the judicial source.

The threat of a trial is also becoming clearer for three close to "Omar the Old": his son, suspected of having played the role of driver, his partner and one of his old friends, François Delaporte, both accused of have participated in the organization of the coup.

The latter, also a member of the community, had first been considered by the investigators as one of the robbers and imprisoned, before seeing his role put into perspective.

On a night surveillance video, the police had indeed confused his figure with that of the fifth alleged robber, Marc Boyer. The latter, the youngster of the gang, will be arrested in April 2018 near Cannes.

His father, close to one of the thieves, risks being tried by his side for illegal possession of weapons. Two other accused accused of these requisitions are accused of having provided information to the gang.

– Drop sold in Belgium –


Diamond examination in Antwerp, Belgium on November 15, 2016 (hooly News / EMMANUEL DUNAND)

Last suspect for whom the prosecution is demanding a trial: Marceau Baum-Gartner, alias "Grated nose", 67 years old. After the attack, this possible receiver of the booty went eight times in two months to Antwerp in Belgium, the capital of jewelry, including twice in the company of "Omar the Old".

It is the DNA of the latter, found on one of the ties that hindered the star, which had allowed the police to go back to the rest of the team. A major sweep in January 2017 concluded with the indictment of ten suspects, including nine placed in pre-trial detention.

As for the booty, no part was found, except a cross set with diamonds, fallen during the escape of one of the criminals who left by bicycle, Yunis Abbas. For the investigators, who nevertheless seized hundreds of thousands of euros from the suspects, a significant part of the booty was sold in Belgium.

bl-edy-gd / am